6 Ways to Keep Hands Looking Young
No matter the journey you’re currently on, you have worked hard to get where you are, and your hands have been by your side since day one. They have worked hard for you throughout your years and sometimes they might show their age. While you might fret about laugh lines and wrinkles on your face, what about aging signs on your hands? Here are six ways to keep them looking young.
- Moisturize:Skin’s health and appearance are affected by moisture. Without water, skin’s natural processes, like exfoliation, cannot occur normally, so maintaining an optimal level of moisture in skin is essential to its look and feel. Skin that is not well hydrated may also be more susceptible to inflammatory skin conditions.
- Get a Manicure:Showing some love to your cuticles and nails is important to keep your hands looking young. However, remember to give your nails a break in between manicures so they can recover from the last coat of polish.
- Exfoliate: For silky smooth skin from head to toe, make exfoliating hands part of your skin care routine. While the face gets most of the attention when it comes to exfoliation and sloughing off dead skin cells, you can keep them soft and youthful with a little extra care. If your hands regularly feel dry and rough, exfoliating several times per week should improve their condition relatively quickly. People with oilier skin will probably find they need to exfoliate less often, while those with dry skin may find daily exfoliation helpful.
- Wear gloves while doing the dishes: Water is your hands’ worst enemy. If we could hire a professional dishwasher, we would, but for most of us, gloves are a decent alternative. Be sure to wear them while doing the dishes to prevent the harsh soap and hot water from ruining your skin and nails
- Wear sunscreen. Sun damage is the biggest culprit of old-looking skin. Applying sunscreen to your hands on a daily basis will help prevent dark spots, also known as sun spots from forming. Sunscreen is important because the sun can get to your skin even while you’re doing everyday tasks, like driving.
- Get laser treatment: Laser skin treatment is a revolutionary medical technology that has helped millions of people worldwide improve their appearance and self-perception, quickly and effectively eliminating blemishes on the face and body. Melanin is the dark pigment in the skin and is produced by melanocytes (cells). Pigmented lesions occur when an abundance of melanocytes are found in the skin. When dark pigment multiplies it forms freckles, brown age spots, and other pigmented lesions.
Whatever your skincare needs, Dermaworks can help. Contact us today to find out more about laser skin treatment.